The #1Thing that will end family violence is our collective power.
Family violence impacts millions of people each year, but it can be prevented. It requires the collective voice and power of individuals, families, institutions, and systems – each whose “one thing” adds a valuable and powerful component to transforming our communities.
Many people care and understand that family violence is a serious public health problem, but they don’t take action. They want to do something but believe their actions can’t make a difference. But imagine if 547,545 individuals in Williamson County each committed to doing one thing – this collective action can create real social transformation. Change can start with only #1thing.
This month, we are asking you to take a stand and pledge to do #1thing to help bring awareness to family violence and give a voice to those who need it most.
Pledge to do #1thing
The #1thing Community Pledge is a call to action, an invitation, a voluntary choice and opportunity to affirm your commitment to ending family violence. Taking the pledge says that you will help end family violence by pledging to do #1thing. By taking this pledge, you are joining thousands of other advocates across the country work to end family violence.
By living this pledge, you commit to doing the following:
- You understand doing/changing one thing can make a difference in your community
- You will use your voice to stand against victim-blaming, discrimination, and violence to end the stigma towards victims and survivors.
- You will listen to victims and survivors without judgment and respect their choices
- You will share your #1thing boldly and proudly to inspire others to make a commitment to take action and end family violence
- You will also encourage others to embrace their own #1thing to support victims and survivors of family violence and honor the advocates that work to ensure the well-being of survivors.
More Ways To Help
If you have the opportunity to donate, please do so. 86 cents of every dollar goes directly to client services. Your donation allows Hope Alliance to keep our services free of charge, the shelter doors open and the victims of domestic and sexual violence a chance to live a healthier life.
Learn about volunteer opportunities that will allow you to work in the office or directly with victims of domestic and sexual violence.
Don’t be a bystander, stand up and speak out against domestic and sexual violence. Share your commitment to do #1thing with your friends, family and social circles. Speak out against domestic violence and inspire others to do #1thing.
Connect With Us