Shelter Director -Full Time
Are you ready to make a difference? Williamson County’s shelter for domestic violence and sexual assault is hiring a program director. Do you have a BA in social work or a related field? Please email your copy and pasted resume in the body of an email to email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: Oversees the shelter program, providing direct services to survivors of domestic violence/sexual assault and coordination assistance to direct service staff in the shelter.
Salary Range: 48,000 to 58,000 yearly
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• As Team Leader for the Shelter Team and a member of the Directors Team, maintain communication with all Directors, staff and team members and work to fulfill needs, priorities, goals and objectives of those teams.
• Provide non-clinical supervision and direction to shelter direct service staff, volunteers, and interns. This includes, but is not limited to, exploring policy questions/conflicts, resolving ethical dilemmas, managing wait/eligibility lists, assessing community/client needs, and developing/implementing service offerings.
• Informally assess the emotional, physical, social, and educational needs of clients, formulating individualized service plans and weekly goals.
• Provide intake, crisis counseling, case management, follow-up referrals in-person and on the hotline to primary and secondary victims. Meet with clients in Hope Alliance office, shelter, hospital, police station and other locations as needed.
• Work with other agencies in order to serve the best interest of agency clients.
• Assist with the recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers/interns.
• Assist with the collection and maintenance of client data for statistical and programming purposes.
• Report any incident of child or elder abuse to the Department of Public and Regulatory Services and appropriate Hope Alliance staff.
• Cover monthly on-call rotation as Director-on-Call, acting as backup for the CEO.
• Assist with community education efforts, and other duties as assigned by Chief Executive Officer.
• Attend regularly scheduled staff and team meetings.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
• Acceptance of and respect for agency philosophy, mission, and values.
• Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field, licensed.
• Five years experience as a program director in a social service agency.
• Experience and ability to respond in a supportive way to persons in crisis situations.
• Familiarity with the network of social services, including benefit provides, mental health, and criminal justice agencies in the Williamson County area.
• Sensitivity to various cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, attitudes, and languages.
• Ability to work as a team member, providing support as well as constructive feedback in interpersonal interactions.
• Adequate personal health, social maturity, and emotional stability to fulfill the functions of the position.
• Experience in independent job structuring.
• Excellent communication skills, public speaking experience, and staff development skills.
• Ability to relate to other agencies and departments, including law enforcement, as well as to supervise and support staff and volunteers.
• Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and Publisher.